Reach for the First R01 Workshop
This service is provided by TRANSFORM.
The Reach for the First R01 Workshop is available twice a year to promising junior faculty. Up to six junior investigators are selected for this workshop each term (fall and spring), across all departments.
Successful applicants will receive:
- Five free hours of biostatistical consulting
- Access to other Irving Institute services and programs
- Two expert pre-reviews on an early draft of their R01 application
- Bimonthly, closely-monitored meetings to ensure structure and timeliness in completing the tasks required to successfully submit a first R01 application
These resources are intended to enhance, rather than replace, appropriate mentoring. An applicant without excellent mentoring cannot be seen as competitive for this workshop.
2021 Course Sessions (In-Person) - Friday afternoons, 3:00pm - 4:30pm
- Sept. 24 - Intro Session
- Oct. 8 - Aims
- Oct. 22 - Significance/Innovation
- Nov. 5 - Budget Justification/Biosketch
- Dec. 3 - Approach
- Dec. 17 - Mock Study Session
See a list of current and past Reach For the First R01 Trainees. Over 45% of our trainees have received R01 or equivalent funding.
To apply for the Reach for the First R01 Workshop, candidates:
- Must be a Columbia University early stage investigator by the NIH definition
- Must be supported/recommended by their department chairs
- Sping applicants must plan for their first R01 application submission to be June 2022 (not before, or after)
- Fall applicants must plan for their first R01 application submission to be February 2022 (not before or after)
Detailed application instructions: Please download step by step application instructions if you need assistance completing the application.
Spring 2022 applications will open in December 2021.
Cite it, Submit it, Share it!
If your research has benefited from one or more Irving Institute resources, please remember to: