Reach for the First R01 Workshop
This service is provided by TRANSFORM.
The Reach for the First R01 Workshop is available twice a year to promising junior faculty. Up to six junior investigators are selected for this workshop each term (fall and spring), across all departments.
Successful applicants will receive:
- Five free hours of biostatistical consulting
- Access to other Irving Institute services and programs
- Two expert pre-reviews on an early draft of their R01 application
- Bimonthly, closely-monitored meetings to ensure structure and timeliness in completing the tasks required to successfully submit a first R01 application
These resources are intended to enhance, rather than replace, appropriate mentoring. An applicant without excellent mentoring cannot be seen as competitive for this workshop.
2019 Course Schedule (Friday afternoons, 3:00pm - 4:30pm in PH10-402C)
- 9/20: Intro Session
- 9/27: Aims
- 10/11: Significance/Innovation
- 10/25: Budget Justification/Biosketch
- 11/22: Approach
- 12/6: Mock Study Session
See a list of current and past Reach For the First R01 Trainees. Over 40% of our trainees have received R01 or equivalent funding.
To apply for the Reach for the First R01 Workshop, candidates:
- Must be early stage investigators by the NIH definition
- Must be supported/recommended by their department chairs
- Must plan for their first R01 application submission to be February 5, 2020 (not before, or after)
The deadline to submit applications for our spring workshop is Friday, August 30, 2019 at 5 PM.
Cite it, Submit it, Share it!
If your research has benefited from one or more Irving Institute resources, please remember to: