Advancing discoveries, knowledge, and innovation to improve human health.
View stories about the impact of the Irving Institute.
- Total usage of overall services, pilot awards, and trainings
- Overall consultations for 2,500 individuals and teams
- Total dollar amount of funding for 123 pilots
- Number of allied research personnel who received training
- Approximate number of participants in training programs
- Total percentage growth in RecruitMe registry
- Number of Community Based Organizations participating in our programs
- Number of multisite clinical trials at CUIMC
Narratives of Discovery
View interviews with today’s top scientists by Rita Charon, MD, PhD.
A Model for Collaboration
Learn how the Irving Institute develops, demonstrates, and disseminates innovations.
Professor of Physiology and Cellular Biophysics at Columbia
Matthew Baldwin, MD, is studying frailty and palliative care needs in older adult survivors of acute respiratory failure.
Neurosurgeon Jeffrey Bruce, MD, FACS, has devoted his research career to to finding new and better treatments for patients with brain tumors.
Since 2008, Lauren Chernick, MD, has been researching teen pregnancy among the emergency department (ED) population.