The Irving Institute is pleased to offer the Reach for the First R01 workshop available twice a year to all promising junior faculty. Up to six junior investigators are selected for this workshop each term (Fall and Spring), across all departments. Specifically, successful applicants will receive 5 free hours of biostatistical consulting, access to other Irving Institute Resources, 2 expert pre-reviews on an early draft of their R01 application, and bi-monthly, closely-monitored meetings to ensure structure and timeliness in completing the tasks required to successfully submit a first R01 application. These resources are intended to enhance, rather than replace, appropriate mentoring. An applicant without excellent mentoring cannot be seen as competitive for this Workshop.
To be eligible, the candidate:
• Must be an Early Stage investigator by the NIH definition
• Must be supported/recommended by a senior faculty member (applicants must submit a letter from a senior faculty member who can speak to the applicant's ability to write an independent award and the faculty member's willingness to advise on substantive issues), as well as a letter from their Department Chair.
• Must plan for their first submission to be June 5, 2019 (not before, or after).
• Must submit their application by 5p EST on Monday, January 21, 2019 to be considered for this cycle; the workshop will start in early February 2018 and will be held on select Fridays from 3:00–4:30p.
• Receipt of a “K” award or equivalent is not required to be considered for this award. The application with further instructions and referee forms can be downloaded six to eight weeks prior to the start of each workshop. Please note, more than one junior faculty per Department may apply.
For questions about the application process please contact the Irving Institute Education Center at email@example.com